Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Pinks: Lipstick photos + swatches

Baby pink lipsticks are a staple in my makeup bag.

They're quick, easy and flattering on almost anyone, if not everyone.

Since Sunday is a perfect day to kick back, have brunch and feel pretty... thought I'd swatch three of my favorite baby pink lippies of the moment.

And even if you're working today, these are perfect for the workplace.

They're subtle pinks that won't look garish. And you can definitely pair these with a natural makeup look, as well as a dramatic smokey eye. Gotta love versatile products!

I picked out (from left to right) MAC's Creme Cup, Revlon's Primrose and Rimmel's Pink Blush for this Sunday.

Why I love...
  • MAC Cremesheen in Creme Cup ($15): I mentioned this in my August Favorites blog post because I reach for it quite often. This is the nude-pink out of the three, very similar to MAC's Angel but warmer and (obviously) creamier, in the way it feels and looks. It has a nice sheen to it. It doesn't accentuate dry parts of my lips, which I appreciate a TON because my lips are constantly dry. I wear a clear lip balm underneath, as I do with all my lipsticks. It lasts about three hours on my lips, I'd say, before reapplying. It's not great, but it's not that bad for me either. I never mind reapplying lip products. 
  • Revlon Super Lustrous in Primrose ($5): This is probably one of my absolute favorite lipsticks of all time. I fell in love with it a couple years ago, and I've been raving about it since. Primrose is unique in the sense that it's a baby pink, but (maybe because of its blue-ish undertones) it really POPS. It just brightens up my look and makes me feel glam, but in a pretty/classy way. For a glossy look, I like pairing this with Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Crystal Lilac. (Note: I'm NW20)
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish in Pink Blush ($5): For sure, this is one that doesn't get nearly enough love from me but I still love it so much. This blog post is inspiring me to wear it today, actually. It's a beautiful lippie that goes on creamy, feels creamy and doesn't accentuate dryness on my lips. It looks pretty bright in the photo above, but I don't find it to be that way on my lips. I think it definitely brightens up my look but NOT in an overbearing way. I'd say it was more of a bubblegum pink than the other two lipsticks, yet subtle enough for everyday wear.
For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment