Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcake Bath & Body Works review: Candle, soap and wallflower

Mmmmmm... I lit my first fall candle of 2013!

This is a good day.

As a lover of pumpkin scents (and cupcakes in general!), I was immediately drawn to Pumpkin Cupcake at Bath & Body Works.

I... kind of went pumpkin crazy.

After checking out the store's website, I purchased 12 items, which is pretty easy to do with Bath & Body Works because of their good deals.

I ordered six Pumpkin Cupcake wallflowers and six Pumpkin Cupcake anti-bacterial deep cleansing soaps.

Then I figured 12 wasn't enough (ha!) so I got six more Pumpkin Cupcake wallflowers and two 3-wick Pumpkin Cupcake candles. I luckily had some good coupons. I highly recommend looking for them before purchasing.

WALLFLOWER FRAGRANCE BULB ($6 but currently 4 for $20 or 6 for $24)

We have three wallflower plug-ins in our apartment: one in the dining area, bathroom and bedroom.

After plugging one in the dining room, I quickly decided this is a scent I only want in the kitchen/dining area. It's quite strong and... foodie?

It's just not something I want to wake up to in the bedroom. But I think it's a great fall/winter scent!

I exchanged six of the 12 wallflowers for Heirloom Pear. I'll use the other six Pumpkin Cupcake wallflowers in the dining area.

As I mentioned in my August Favorites post, Heirloom Pear smells just like Pure Seduction from Victoria's Secret!! So good.

DEEP CLEANSING SOAP ($5.50 but currently 5 for $15 or 7 for $20)

Pumpkin Cupcake as a soap is another story. I realized I don't like this scent as a soap. It doesn't smell totally like the candle or wallflower. It's a strange, soapy fake aroma. Blah.

My boyfriend doesn't mind it, so it's being used in the kitchen. I am planning to return the other five soaps and exchange them for something else.

My favorite Bath & Body Works scent EVER is Peach Bellini, but I believe that's only available in the warmer months.

I may pick up the Heirloom Pear soaps... Yes, great idea.

THREE-WICK CANDLE ($20 but often 2 for $20 or $22)

These are divine! I'm happy I picked this one up. Another pumpkin scent that I bet I'll love is Creamy Pumpkin. Wow, if I smelled that BEFORE getting Pumpkin Cupcake, I may have picked that instead!

Do they have it in a candle? I haven't seen it, but they should.

The throw on the Pumpkin Cupcake 3-wick candle is great! I have one candle going in the kitchen and it makes the whole living room/kitchen/dining area smell AMAZING.

We had to run out for dinner earlier, so we put it out for a bit. When we came back, the apartment smelled like we had baked pumpkin cupcakes.

I really have baked pumpkin cupcakes before, so I know how lovely it is. *swoon*

I highly recommend Pumpkin Cupcake as a candle more than anything. I'm looking forward to trying out other fall fragrances!

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment