Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Favorites 2013

Happy October - the start of my 3 favorite months of the year!

Now if we can just get past the 90-degree weather and onto the 70s in Phoenix, it would really feel like fall.

September was a pretty successful month for trying new things. I conveniently have 9 favorites for the 9th month of the year.

They cover quite a few categories, so here we go~

SKINCARE:
  • Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser ($36): I bought this from my esthetician after my bi-monthly facial. She used it on me right at the beginning, which felt so nice. It has menthol, so you get a minty feeling on your skin. I'm not usually a fan of that for my face, but this one is gentle enough. This brand's products have great online reviews; this is my first purchase. The website says the cleanser is "formulated to actively remove oils, dead skin cells and help eliminate harmful microbes, while relieving inflammation and smoothing the skin." It's ideal for oily/problem skin - right up my alley. I use this at night, and it instantly removes makeup. As soon as it hits my skin, my foundation falls right off. Love, love, love.
  • Trader Joe's Nourish All-In-One Facial Cleanser ($5.99): I'm still adoring this cleanser! I blogged about it at the beginning of September, only a week into using it. Since it was early, I was hoping it would continue to impress me. So far, it has yet to let me down! I use this one in the morning. Read my blog post about it for more information.
HAIRCARE: 
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo ($7.99): "YouTube made me buy it," is basically all I can say. So many YouTubers rave about this, and I finally gave in and picked it up at ULTA. I love it!! Well, obviously, since it's in my monthly favorites. I've been using the Oscar Blandi powder formula dry shampoo, which I still like using, but Batiste definitely gives me the volume I want. Dry shampoo has been my savior. I wash my hair every other day, and my Day 2 hair looks and feels amazing, if I do say so myself.
MAKEUP: 
  • DiorSkin Forever Fluid Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup SPF 25 ($47): What a name! So could it be? Did I find my holy grail foundation? This stuff doesn't cover EVERYthing (medium coverage), but I've been loving it as a lightweight go-to foundation for everyday wear. A lot lighter than Estee Lauder Double Wear but a bit more coverage than the Garnier BB cream that I've been loving. It also smells really good. I'm not used to that, but I'll take it. I buff this in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, and it blends so well into my skin. I use shade 20, Light Beige. The packaging is also beautiful, which always helps :)
  • Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Bronzer ($12.79): This is an awesome bronzer for contouring. Ever since I bought it, I've been using it every time I wear makeup. It never turns orange on my skin. By the way, I believe the shade I use is called "Bronzer" so that made things confusing for blogging. It's a bit pricey for a drugstore bronzer, but I think it's worth the money. I've been using it daily, yet you can't even tell in the photo!
  • Milani Baked Blush in Rose D'Oro ($8.99): Can't believe it took me so long to discover this one! I purchased 4 baked blushes from Milani a few months ago, and I was more drawn to the other 3 shades: Luminoso, Dolce Pink and Corallina. For some reason, it took me a while to get to Rose D'Oro, but I think the saying goes... I saved the best for last! Seriously! I've been extremely drawn to rose gold ANYTHING recently, so this works out wonderfully. This is a beautiful rose gold blush that is very pigmented. Gahhh! Can't say enough good things.
RANDOM:

  • Furla Glasses ($150-ish?): For the first time EVER, I now wear prescription glasses. I'm slightly near-sighted and need them for driving, watching TV, etc. I went to Costco for an eye exam because I've been having issues with extremely red eyes. Turns out they are super dried out and scratched up ***reaches for eye drops*** so I was told to get Refresh eye drops at the drugstore and... yeah, I also need glasses. Oh, OK! I was actually pretty excited because since I was little, I thought wearing glasses was so cool. I luckily found the perfect frames that fit my face just right AND were adorable. Pink bows on the side? So me! I get compliments quite often from strangers, which I really appreciate. It's not even like they're complimenting me because they're actually new and I've never worn glasses before. Strangers don't know that! So I know these were sure winners :)
  • Soy-Blend Large Jar Candle in Heritage Pumpkin at Target ($10): I think I just converted. If you love pumpkin, this candle may be your new best friend. If the other candles in this line are THIS good, I'm no longer buying candles from Bath and Body Works. And that's saying a lot! It's currently burning near me as I type, and it just smells SO YUMMY. Since I loved this so much, my boyfriend and I picked up several others at Target, including one called Red Velvet. A Target.com review on the Red Velvet candle pretty much sums it up: "Love it, I want to smash it into my mouth is smells so good." That's a good sign! I haven't burned the others yet, so I cannot wait. Go, go, go. Pick this up right now. Heritage Pumpkin is limited edition.
  • Vanity Girl Hollywood Broadway Vanity Mirror ($399): Ahhh, yes. My beautiful new vanity mirror. This was such a great online shopping experience! I bought this on the website and it showed up at my apartment less than a week later, I believe. It was VERY stressful figuring out which table to put this on and then actually assembling that (cough, IKEA, cough), but otherwise, this vanity mirror has been fantastic. I know the price seems very steep for a mirror, BUT this is top notch and makes my life so much more convenient. Stress-free living is priceless at times. I wanted a place where I can put on makeup with good lighting and have all my products right next to me. My boyfriend was amazing with helping me rearrange things, and now my setup is looking pretty good! I wanted to blog about this, so this worked out well.
This concludes my September Favorites post. Rather long, but I wanted to explain each thing well. More to come!

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment