Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review, swatches: Maybelline Color Elixir Liquid Color Balms

Hello again!

I just picked up two of the new Maybelline Color Elixir Liquid Color Balms at CVS and had to blog about them ASAP.

Lately, I feel like there are so many new, intriguing drugstore products (especially lippies), so I've been good about buying only 2 shades at most (at least initially).

In this case, I picked up the shades Blush Essence (pink-nude) and Fuchsia Flourish.

There was a surprising 30% off each item (don't know why but can't complain!) and I had CVS Extra Bucks and a coupon... so I only paid $4 total for both of them!

At CVS, they usually retail for $8.99, which I think is too much for a drugstore lip product. But I recommend snagging one of these with a coupon if at all possible.

With that said, oh myyyy. This is one of the BEST lip products I've ever tried.

The scent is slightly sweet but not overpowering. I seriously can't put my finger on it, but it reminds me of something from my childhood. It's driving me crazy.

As for the formula -- WOW. It is not sticky at all. As soon as I put my lips together, I thought, "Yep. I love this."

It really does feel "cushiony soft" like Maybelline claims.

Blush Essence is a nice everyday shade. It's not evident on my lips at all, really. I wish it was a little more pink, but that's OK. I know this will still be a makeup bag staple.

Fuchsia Flourish is VERY pigmented and bright. It's stunning in person, but I don't see myself wearing this often. It may be a fun color to play up at night when going out with friends or a party.

Please don't mind my asymmetrical lips!

Anyway, both of these shades made my lips look really healthy and smooth, even if they've been a bit dry lately. They also felt hydrated and comfortable.

Overall, I'm floored. With a balm formula like this, I'd think deeper the shade, the better because you'll get way more color payoff. But I cannot wait to try other shades nonetheless.

Have you tried them? What do you think? Let me know!

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

2 comments:

  1. Wow amazing colot elixir.. Very nice blog. Found very nice information. Happy to see a content like this. Do you provide information regarding complete Debenhams Discount Code

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome site! Loveee the dress you picked. The neckline is super cute! Debenhams Discount Code

    ReplyDelete