Friday, October 25, 2013

How To: Dry Shampoo + Review: Batiste, Oscar Blandi

Happy weekend!

Wrapping up another week, I wanted to go over something this working girl depends on: dry shampoo!

It has been not just a huge time-saver but also a way to strengthen my hair because I'm not washing it everyday anymore.

Here's a demo/review:




I used to feel like I needed to wash my hair every single day. Now I wash it every 3 or 4 days. Think about all the stress I'm NOT putting my hair through.

And it allows my hair to take in some of the natural oils and not get stripped of them each day.

THE KIND I LOVE

My favorite (and the reason I can now go days without washing my hair) is Batiste Dry Shampoo ($7.99).

It's a spray that comes in different scents and shades. So although I like the scent of the original formula, I've been using the "Hint of Color Dark & Deep Brown" version ($8.99) to prevent that gray powdery look you could get from the original.

They also carry one for "Light & Blonde" hair.

Batiste has been a big hit on YouTube, and I finally purchased it a couple months ago. I'm so happy I did!

BATISTE VS. OSCAR BLANDI

I've been using the Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo ($21) for a few years now. It's a powder, not a spray. I like this for touch-ups around the hairline, but I don't think it's great for taking you through several days without washing your hair.

I don't get that same "clean" feeling from Oscar Blandi's formula. It may be because of the powder vs. spray. This one is also a lot more expensive, so I guess it works out that I prefer Batiste!

Please check out the video if you're interested in seeing my quick demo. I know my hair doesn't look super healthy yet, but I'm hoping it gets better over time. I just recently started using the dry shampoo regularly, so this is a pretty new routine :)

Thanks for reading/watching! I'll be posting about another facial mask I love very soon.

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment