Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review + swatch: China Glaze First Mate - Fall 2013 nail polish pick #4

Hello lovelies! I finally have Round 4 of my Fall 2013 Nail Polish Picks on this beautiful Sunday. (I'll link my other picks at the bottom.)

First Mate from China Glaze is a gorgeous mid-toned navy with gray undertones. I've been looking for this kind of polish for a while, and I ended up getting it at Sally's Beauty Supply for $6.99 (slightly better deal than ULTA's $7.50).

This polish is actually from the China Glaze Anchors Away Collection, which I believe was for Spring 2011. But to me, navy is a great pick for the colder months. And none of the China Glaze Fall 2013 Collection stood out to me.

I think First Mate is a very sophisticated way to rock dark polish in the fall.

It also shot up toward the top of my list of favorite polishes because of the way it applied!

It's a cream, no sparkle and opaque in just ONE coat! Yes, just one. Not streaky at all -- just perfection.

I then topped it off with my newly restored Seche Vite. (I posted about using nail polish thinner in my Saturday blog, if you want to check that out.)

After giving it 5 out of 5 stars, I highly recommend First Mate!

What polish are you rocking right now? Let me know in the comments :) Hope you enjoy your day!

Fall pick #1 | Fall pick #2 | Fall pick #3

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love this shade! Deep enough to not be a cobalt blue, but not dark enough to appear black like most navy polishes. Good pick!

    Elise @ A Bow On Top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm bummed when navy looks black. Thanks Elise! xo

      Delete