Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: Freeman Facial Clay Mask Mint & Lemon

Hi there! Happy Monday/almost Tuesday.

I'll be honest -- I felt quite tired today; anyone else?

Hate when that happens even after a weekend! And since I felt like doing nothing after work but put on a face mask and relax... I decided to do a little research.

I don't use masks often or a scrub, for that matter, like I used to. Just when I get facials every two months. (Boy, has this turned my skin around!)

At home, I use a Glycolic Acid moisturizer at night and figured that's more than my sensitive skin can handle.

BUT... today, I really wanted a pick-me-up.

On MakeupAlley.com, one mask that stood out for me was the Freeman Facial Clay Mask Mint & Lemon.

RAVE reviews!

I had purchased another Freeman mask earlier this year (Facial Revealing Peel-Off Mask Pomegranate), so I felt comfortable trying out the Mint & Lemon version.

Oh my goodness, more than the peel-off mask (which I liked but was hard to peel), I think this CLAY mask is what my skin has been needing!

It makes sense -- I should've known. I have extremely oily skin that's prone to breakouts. That's exactly what this mask targets.

I love the consistency of the mask. I applied an even layer (not too much) all over my face and left it on for 20 minutes. It smells nice and not overly minty.

It dried nicely (to the point I couldn't move my face whatsoever) and I rinsed it off with warm water. I then washed my face with my usual cleanser and followed that up with a toner and moisturizer.

My skin looked GREAT! No redness and very even. My face was clean, calm and soft. I don't know how much tighter my pores really look after one use, but hopefully this mask will help over time.

So I gotta say... if this mask continues to deliver without giving me problems (who knows? Breakouts or something), this could become my holy grail mask.

The only down side is the parabens, so this isn't a perfect mask. But it otherwise delivers!

Plus it was BOGO FREE at ULTA today. This is perfect because I have a feeling I'll be using it all.

They are BIG tubes, too -- 6 fl. oz. for $4 (actually, $2 each with the sale). $4 is already a great deal, but $2?! AMAZING.

In the reviews, I also read some people use this mask as a spot treatment. I will have to try that out.

Later on, I'll try to come back and add an update to this post to see if I still like it.

If you have oily skin like me, please check this out! And let me know in the comments what masks you recommend.

I may make this a Monday ritual, so Mondays don't seem so bad. Mask Mondays! Who's with me?

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment