Saturday, October 26, 2013

Review: Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

Hi there! Hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

For anyone looking to have a lazy Sunday... boy, do I have a recommendation for you.

I tried out another Freeman product: Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask ($3.99). It was 2 for $7 at CVS.

WOW. WOWOWOW. When I rinsed this off with warm water, my skin felt BABY SOFT. No lie!

My face hasn't felt this nice from a beauty purchase in... forever? I don't even know.

I wanted to initially try the Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Scrub because of the great benefits of charcoal, but it's $18.50 and sold only online. Freeman just seemed like the better/most convenient choice; plus it has great reviews, too.

Well let me tell ya... based on my first try, this stuff is AMAZING! I seriously can't stop using ALL CAPS to describe this mask.

HOW IT WORKS

This is a very interesting product. It's a mask and scrub in one. It feels like a normal sugar scrub but it's BLACK, which makes it unlike any other I've tried. (I know it looks pretty gross in the photo.)

Freeman claims that this mask "works double time to detox skin."

I used my fingers to apply the mask all over my clean face. Heads up: Watch for some product falling off your face since it's not the easiest to apply.

I waited 5 minutes from the time I started putting on the mask. You can feel the mask warming up from the charcoal, which is supposed to absorb oil and impurities.

Then I gently (ever so gently) massaged the mask all over my face, of course avoiding my eyes and mouth. I didn't put pressure on my skin at all. I just moved the product around for 2 minutes.

The black sugar (yes, it's a thing!) helps exfoliate and didn't feel too harsh on my very sensitive skin. Plus this mask has a nice clean scent.

Then I rinsed it off with warm water, and my skin felt very hydrated and amazing! I quickly cleansed my face again with a very mild cleanser to make sure everything came off.

THE RESULTS

Applying toner and moisturizer after all of this felt like a dream!

Just like when I use the Freeman Clay Mask Mint & Lemon, my skin looked calm -- no redness. And there was a glow.

The next day, my foundation applied really well, and my skin felt/looked hydrated and fresh.

For just $4, you seriously cannot go wrong with this. This is good for ALL skin types!

So now I plan to use this scrub/mask toward the end of the week and the Mint & Lemon mask on "Mask Mondays" :) I love Freeman! Great quality and so inexpensive!

Hope you can give it a go if you haven't already. Let me know if you'd try it. Have a great day!

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment