Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter review: It still wins

I love getting around... when it comes to lip products, that is.

From Revlon to MAC to Lancome, I'll try all kinds of lip products. And this only started in the last year! Before then, I wasn't too concerned about my lips. I had my set products (MAC's Angel was a big hit for me) and didn't do much exploring.

Then I started noticing my lips looking washed out in photos when I consistently went with just a clear lip balm - and I could be doing a lot better than that!

So to change things up and feel girly without doing much else, I've been accumulating an assortment of lip products.

With the rest of my face, I stay pretty consistent. I use the same foundation, blush, and eyeshadows each day. Then the fun begins with the lips!

Which lip product I'm loving right now

The thing is, even after purchasing various brands and different lines, I still reach for Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters the most.

This product first came out in 2011 and was all the rage. There were tons of blogs, vlogs, and swatches for them. "It's a lip balm! It's a lipstick! It's something in between!"

So yes, it took me a long time to finally buy one. In order to catch up several months ago, I bought 6.

I'm totally late to the party, but I'm still hanging around. Love the formula, love the colors, love the price tag (about $6 at Target).

I currently have (from left to right in the photo) Sweet Tart, Cupcake, Gumdrop, Lollipop, Pink Truffle, and Creme Brulee.

My favorite right now is Sweet Tart. It's a bright bubblegum pink that I learned could look clownish if over-applied. I use it to dab my lips and I'm good to go. It gives my lips a nice flush.

They're easy to apply, moisturizing, and brighten up my face. I still wear my clear lip balm (Carmex Moisture Plus) underneath, but I think they're still hassle-free. They also have the newer shades (Wild Watermelon, Juicy Papaya, Sorbet, and Pink Lemonade) I haven't considered yet. Not sure if I'm interested in them.

What's your go-to lip product? Have you tried the newest shades? Let me know what I should try next!

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment