Friday, June 7, 2013

Peonies: Where to buy these stunning gems

Happy Friday! I just got done with my workweek and am now relaxing at home.

As I type this, I'm sitting right in front of beautiful pink peonies. They are definitely what I'm loving right now.

For years, I saw them all the time online, especially on Pinterest. But I never really knew where to get them.

They're not often found in grocery stores, at least not in the Phoenix area.

But thankfully, I was on Google to see where I could buy them - and I stumbled upon social media posts about how people love the peonies they purchased at Trader Joe's! Yesss.

So after work the other day, I called the nearest Trader Joe's to see if they carried any. Though, of course, not before going online to figure out how to pronounce the name. Pee-OWN-ees or Pee-UH-nees? I ended up going with the latter.

"Yes! $6.99!" ...Hurrah!

There were just a few options to choose from in store, and I went with bright pink. Naturally.

After the first day, they bloomed and have left my dining/living room area smelling fantastic. And they're just so fluffy, bright and beautiful. I definitely want my wedding bouquet (whenever that happens) to be full of peonies!

I don't often have flowers in my apartment. I don't even have a real plant! But I think I'll now be a regular customer when it comes to peonies at Trader Joe's. At least for now, while they're in season.

Plus I love Trader Joe's products anyway, so I enjoyed purchasing some great groceries. My boyfriend is now also a fan of the flowers and some pita chips I purchased there. So he has already suggested we go back ;)

Success all around. More to come!

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment