Monday, June 10, 2013

$16.99 Target sunglasses: Review + photos

What am I loving right now? These hot sunglasses from Target!

Yep, Target. Bargain! They are so simple, yet feel really sleek, sexy and cool. They are super glossy, and the lenses are really dark (which I love).

When something feels/looks amazing on AND they're inexpensive... don't they feel even better?

Unlike the typical cheap wayfarers I see at Target, these have a slightly different detail on the ends. I adore them. And they're a bit heavier, more durable, than other sunglasses in the store.

I usually try on a dozen sunglasses at Target every now and then because it's fun. They're cute when you walk by them, but then they typically don't live up to your (already slightly low) expectations.

But today, jackpot!

I loved these as soon as I put them on. I purchased Ray-Ban wayfarers before at Nordstrom and sadly returned them because of the way they're designed. They slightly tilt into your cheeks, and that doesn't work for my face. When I smile, the whole pair moves up! Awkward.

So anyway, these Target shades were PERFECT. They didn't hit my cheeks like Ray-Ban wayfarers do, AND they passed my "sit on top of my head" test. If they fit well on the top of my head like a headband, they're considered treasure... because my head... is .. shaped weird?

But even after all of this, I hesitated and figured I'll hold off and find a more expensive pair down the road that I know will last me forever. I usually wear my Ray-Ban aviators or Marc Jacobs sunnies. And I figured I'm fine for now. You know... save $$$ whenever I can.

But then, like a weirdo, I went back to the store a couple hours later. Luckily, Target is really close to my apartment.

I'm so happy I did. Love, love, love. For $16.99, they can't be beat. Bargain! I have another pair of Target shades from a year or so ago, and those actually feel like cheap plastic. But these don't! Can't wait to put them on again in the morning on the way to work.

Highly recommend. (Oh, and in the photo, I'm wearing my new Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya! Review soon!)

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment