Saturday, June 22, 2013

OPI Bubble Bath nail lacquer: Review + photos

Steering away from my usual love for bright nail polish, I've been keeping an eye on nudes.

I already have some nudes, but they tend to be a bit more beige and brown than what I've been wanting.

Here comes OPI's Bubble Bath. I've seen this swatched quite a few times with high reviews on Makeupalley.com, but I didn't go out and buy it right away.

Now that I'm noticing a ton of my stuff is bright pink and coral (clothes, accessories, etc.), I'm trying to tone it down to show that I am, indeed, an adult!

So OPI's Bubble Bath does the job and is what I'm loving right now. It brightens up my hands without going the light pink route. It's not too obvious to anyone but me, and that's OK. It also looks quite pretty on my toes!

It has more pink than other nudes, but it stays modest. It's one to sport to work, for sure.

It is a little streaky for the first couple coats, but the third coat came out really smooth for me. I also wait about 10 minutes after each coat so I don't end up with air bubbles. With the third coat, it came out opaque.

The base coat I love right now is Revlon Colorstay Longwear Enamel Base Coat and my top coat must-have is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. I'm linking to Makeupalley.com because I live by the reviews on there!

Seche Vite is a must for me because it really makes my nail colors LAST. They turn out glossy and hard as a rock. I started using cheaper ones again for a while, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal, but I realized the $10 is so worth it.

As for the OPI this time around, I got Bubble Bath and Mod About You (light pink) since ULTA has their 2 for $15 OPI sale lately. Plus I used the $3.50 off $10 coupon I love dearly, so I ended up with two OPI polishes for just over $12.

Love. It.

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment