Monday, September 16, 2013

Makeup organization ideas: Getting inspired + trying new things

Hi there! Today is all about organizing.

As my makeup/beauty collection grows, I realized I need a better way to sort everything.

First of all, I LOVE to organize, so this will be a fun project!

I currently have some acrylic pieces from The Container Store (one of my favorite stores EVER), including lipstick holders. Lovvve them. I could definitely use more!

The one in the photo actually came with a Large Acrylic Makeup Organizer, which retails for $34.99 but I'm pretty sure I got it on sale. This was a couple months ago. Target also sells similar ones.

I love displaying lip products like this because 1. They're colorful and fun to look at, and 2. Seeing them all displayed this way will encourage me to use them all, so they don't get lost in a drawer.

So now, I'm considering Muji drawers! They're a big hit among beauty bloggers/vloggers, and the thought of ordering them excites my sad, organization-loving self. The Acrylic 5 Case Drawers go for $27.95.

I definitely prefer organizing all my makeup in clear cases like these. Like the lip products, seeing everything makes me want to try different products I own, so they don't go to waste.

There isn't much room at my current apartment for too much display, so the drawers could be a huge help.

And last but not least... I'm getting a Vanity Girl Hollywood mirror soon! So so so excited. Ahhhh.

I'll definitely blog about it when that happens. This will allow me to transform my desk into a vanity. I use a laptop (currently typing in my dining area), so the desk will be more useful by transforming it into a makeup station. That way, I don't get stressed out by shoving my laptop/office supplies out of the way while getting ready, or carrying products back and forth between my bedroom (where I store everything) to my bathroom just to put makeup on. And with the lights, I'll be able to apply makeup in my room any time of day without having strange shadows.

Revamping everything will hopefully inspire me to blog more and try new things.

I'm looking forward to organizing and utilizing the small space I have. More to come!

For more beauty and lifestyle posts, please subscribe or "follow by email" on the top right hand corner of the page. I'm also on Instagram @erisaxo. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment